Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Really? Index Finger Length Related to Prostate Cancer?

This theory is still in early stage research. Just curious though guys, is your index finger longer than your ring finger? Any of you had or know you are genetically predisposed to prostate cancer? I've generally thought that the great majority of people their ring finger was longer, so this info doesn't seem very compelling to me. However, it is a topic of interest to me since men on both sides of my family have


Index finger length prostate cancer clue

1 comment:

  1. Here's some more info on this from a conversation I had with a friend:

    "FRIEND: It's kind of crap sorry, this belief comes from a fact that those (women and men) with a longer ring finger have more testosterone in their systems, this however has been tested...I am skeptical in finger length, but finger changes can be telling of having other sort of silent diseases or deficiencies so keep an eye on your fingers and especially finger nails

    ME: "I agree. I'm really skeptical of this, too. I knew about the importance of finger nail health. What are things to look out for with fingers?

    FRIEND: "Finger clubbing(The proliferation of soft tissue around the ends of fingers and toes) can be caused by genetic mutations and may also form secondary to pulmonary, kidney, gastrointestinal and malignant diseases. And also what is happening to your finger nails can mean different things, like white stripes in them big nil beds etc. Hands can be indicative of poor health since we see them more like thin skin and tremors. That sort of thing"

    ReplyDelete